What another great day for Canada as we took gold the mens pursuit, the men's curling, the men's snowboarding and a bronze in the bobsleigh. It was great to see Jasey-Jay win as he came from behind.
It has been so great to see all the support for our Canadians as they try to win not only for themselves but for Canada. Everytime I tookt the train, went for a walk or even ran to the corner store-I was sure to see someone wearing their Canadian jersey's, hats, sweaters or mitts. I am sad that it will end soon as it has united not only a city but linked people from all over the country and the world as we came together to support our athletes.....and the athletes in return have come through.
As of today we have won 13 gold, 7 silver and 5 bronze. I say we as the medal is not only for the athlete who has worked so hard over the years to get to where they are, but it is their family and friends and all the volunteers, workers and those who had the vision to compete for the games to come to Vancouver. They have proven that "Own the Podium" works. It is also important to remember the other athletes that did not get to stand on the podium and realize that they are 5th, 12th, 25th etc best in the WORLD.......kudo's to them.....
It has been a great experience working both at the Olympics and with a terrific team. I had the opportunity to work with a vast array of people who provided their own unique style to the "Team". I am sad it is near the end. It was a wonderful learning experience and what an opportunity to see the games and some of the world's best athletes.
13 Gold, 7 Silver and 5 Bronze-That is a record for a host nation
Maybe by tomorrow we will have one more gold?
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

GREAT BLOG WAY TO GO FROM THE TWO THAT MAKE YOUR TEA!
ReplyDelete