Thursday, February 11, 2010

Opening Ceremonies

I arrived this afternoon in Vancouver after many delays and was immediately whisked off to BC place to watch the final rehearsal for the opening ceremonies. Three hours of great visual effects and entertainment that all lead up the ceremonial lighting of the cauldron.

We got to see everything and all the performers that will be shown during the real thing.......can't let you in on it though as it is a secret-it is worth taking some time out and watching on Friday evening if you can......I am glad I got to see it.

As volunteers we were addressed by John Furlong and Prime Minister Harper (and Mr Gibson I even enjoyed his speech)
Off to bed now after being up and on the go for 23hrs......off to get my uniform and badges tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. OMG how cool! Try and get a picture with someone with a medal!!

    ReplyDelete