Another shift at the coliseum watching the men practice-a good finish of 5th for Chan. I think we can look forward to him in the future. The lower bowl was full with spectators and by the cheers and support that they gave the athletes you would be hard pressed to know it was just a practice. The Canadians gave the crowd what they wanted showing them their whole routine, so did all the final flight with the exception of Evgeni Plusheko who only did some jumps and stretching and then left the ice before his music even played........
Also watched the Ice Dance do their practice-so beautiful (yes even I enjoyed it-probably more than the regular figure skating). Can't wait to work for the finals in that-will see the medals and everything......should be exciting
Canada's Christine Nesbitt took Gold in the 1000m Speed Skating at the Oval and Krisina Groves a respectable 4th-wished I could have seen it. Hopefully there are more to come.
When I finished my shift today it was so nice I called Shantelle and we met in the City and headed to Granville Island for the afternoon-it was lovely. Weather was great, sun was out and we just took our time and strolled. Headed back to the car via the seawall-the sights were spectacular. The Canadian Pride was everywhere.
Green Tea and Milk drink
Everyone was wearing a Canadian Jersey on the bus, the skytrain and the streets. The bars and restaurants that were showing the games were full with spectators. It was a close call as the Canadian Men's hockey team had a close call facing a spectacular Hillar. Sidney Crosby saved the day with the only shootout goal-hopefully it will serve as a wake up call and they can win the rest of their round robin
I think they want you to stop????
No comments:
Post a Comment